Training is about getting people to learn and use new skills. We recognize that with adults it is often about behavior modification. Therefore our programs are designed to include optional follow-up techniques you can use to facilitate the actual change you are looking for. We can and do provide outstanding workshops that people leave in a motivated mood. Sustaining that is where the follow-up comes in. We can provide that with you.
We can support you in two different ways. We have a few complete courses, ready to go. In addition, most of our training uses highly tailored programs to meet your specific needs. To keep those programs cost-effective they are usually built from modules we already have in place. Either approach is fine with us.
Marketing and Sales Courses
We have developed a select set of courses addressing contemporary issues in marketing and sales. The pedagogy for each addresses topics and themes applicable to any business situation, then adds individual exercises for adapting them to each trainee’s unique circumstances. Some of the current courses include:
- Building a Measurable Marketing Plan Too many marketing plans focus on the activities and programs that Marketing intends to produce during the coming period. If activity is what you want to measure, then those plans are fine. However, if your goal is to build a marketing plan that ties to your company’s goals and strategies, this workshop gets that done.
- Customer-Centric Marketing in the 21st Century While most of the marketing topics we learned in business school are still valid, their applications have been turned upside down by global competition and technology. For example, market segmentation traditionally focused on identifying large segments and penetrating them; today, the trend is to find small segments, dominate them, and replicate the process.
- PerSuasive PreSentations Presenting your ideas or recommendations to others is a critical marketing/sales skill. Having the right techniques, gestures, slides, and voice inflection are necessary but insufficient ingredients for success. True progress is measured people by taking action as a result of your presentation – by being persuaded to change what they would have done otherwise. PerSuasive PreSentations show you the process of developing your material for maximum impact on the audience.
- Negotiations All trained negotiators know that negotiating is not an event, it is a process. This class frames both classic and unique negotiating techniques into a clear process for maximum effectiveness.
Marketing and Selling Modules
Your company and business environment is unique, and standard courses may not fit your specific needs. We has a library of training modules that can be combined in an unlimited variety to address your unique needs. In most cases, the only development fee is to create custom cases or exercises for trainees to apply the concepts. Some of the modules currently available include:
- Buzz, Word-of-Mouth & Viral Marketing
- Channel strategies
- Competitive positioning
- Constraint theory in marketing
- Consultative selling
- Customer insights
- Customer Service: Advanced skills
- Lean marketing
- Marketing Performance Management
- Marketing communications
- Marketing-sales interface
- Negotiation process
- Negotiating skills and tactics
- New product launch
- Presentation skills
- Pricing strategies & tactics
- Sales Management
- Trade Show skills
Contact us if you would like to know about how we would approach your specific needs